R48 #29 Dylan Hernandez will lead next Wednesday’s WPH Workout at 3 pm EST on June 17. More info on Dylan’s June 17th WPH Wednesday Workout HERE
Dylan Hernandez is a part of the powerhouse LAAC team and will ensure that the LAAC handball legacy continues into the next generation. Hernandez is armed with two great hands and an even-keeled disposition and has proven he can beat the best in the sport. Inspired by his father and the triumvirate of Marcos Chavez, Mando Ortiz and Vic Perez, Hernandez is a player to watch into the next decade and beyond.
Dylan recently took the WPH 26-Question Rapid Fire Challenge. Let’s get to know one of the R48’s future stars!
- Best city to play: Los Angeles/Fountain Valley
- Who is your toughest opponent: In all of handball Paul Brady or Killian Carroll. At my club (LAAC), I’d say Vic Perez or Mando Ortiz.
- Fastest person in handball: Killian Carroll.
- Who is the hardest hitter in handball: Paul Brady or Mando Ortiz.
- Best server in handball: The best server that will consistently serve well is Paul Brady. The best server when hot is Sean Lenning.
- Best off-hand in handball: If Mando Ortiz or Luis Moreno would play I would say one of those guys. But out of players currently playing, I would have to say Paul Brady.
- Handball hero: I can’t say just one because I have so many. But top heroes would have to be Vince Munoz, Marcos Chavez, Mando Ortiz, Tati Silveyra, Vic Perez.
- Favorite court: Los Angeles Athletic Club or Los Caballeros Sports Village.
- Player with the best offense: Robbie McCarthy or Paul Brady.
- Player with the best defense: Killian Carroll.
- Most satisfying tournament victory: 2018 LAAC Pre Qualifier Semi-final win against Leo Canales.
- Most disappointing loss: 2018 LAAC Pre Qualifier Final against John Wayne.
- Most important title to win: Nationals title.
- Favorite doubles partner: Daniel Badillo
- Longest match you ever played: I’m not sure. Probably like 2 hours?
- Favorite sport besides handball: Baseball or Basketball
- Favorite tournament: Simple Green U.S Open of Handball
- Best match you’ve ever played: When I played Leo Canales at the 2018 LAAC Pre Qualifier.
- Best match you’ve ever watched: Live I’ve had to say Paul Brady vs Killian Carroll at Nationals. Online I’d have to say 1994 Nationals Tati Silveyra vs David Chapman.
- Title you’d most like to win: I think everybody in handball would love to win a pro nationals title in their lifetime.
- Favorite sport to play besides handball: Basketball
- Favorite athlete: Kobe Bryant
- Most important shot in handball: Fly shot
- Your best shot: Back wall shot
- Legend you’d most like to play in his prime: There is quite a few, but the most I’d have to say is a prime David Chapman
- Best Fans in Handball: Cali fans
. . . Stay-tuned for more Dylan Hernandez content, as Patreon.com/WPHLive will present a special Workout Wednesday video featuring Hernandez on Facebook.com/wphlive at noon pacific time June 17th, as part of “Workout Wednesday” with the WPH.
WPH Senior Writer