- ESPN Coverage
- No Entry Fee
- Player caps on all divisions UPDATE: Qualifier will be capped at 44; Email the WPH at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would want to play in a Pre-Qualifier Bracket Thursday after 4pm. Up to two winners will be inserted into the main qualifier Friday Morning.
- Saturday Live Music, BBQ, outdoor games w/pros (Ping Pong, Pickleball, etc)
- Continuous Food & Drink
- Dave Chapman & Ben Manning Memorial Service
- Junior Handball Clinics
- Moler Sport & Spine Chiropractic – adjustments, kinesio-taping, stretching, myofasical release, IASTM, and access to recovery compression boots
- Chapman Pro Tour Shirt Souvenir – Honoring one of our game’s most celebrated champions (shirts will not be sold before, during or after event. For those supporting junior handball and the memorial only)
Just this past week, David Chapman, passed away at the age of 42. Chapman was making a comeback to the game and had rededicated himself to the sport. The public outcry and pouring of sympathy has lead us to add Chapman’s name alongside Manning’s, plus those before them, to the Tucson trophy. “All of Chapman’s friends will be in Tucson and we found it to be quite natural for us to hold a memorial service for not only Ben Manning, but David Chapman and all of those that have passed this year and the years prior,” said WPH ESPN Video Director, Kris Gurrad. “We will air small clips of Chapman’s friends, family and fans paying tribute to the star live on ESPN throughout the weekend, w/sideline reporter, Kara Mack.” WPH will roam the stands and take video clips of those wanting to open up about the players that have passed, as the WPH celebrates the lives of these fallen players.
- ESPN3 & Watch ESPN LIVE coverage of professional handball, filmed by WPHLiveTV
- Women’s small ball 4 wall pros w/increased prize money (1st $4,000, 2nd $2500, 3rd $1900, 4th $1800, 5th & 6th receive $$$ too!)
- Men’s elite small ball 4 wall pros w/Pro qualifier beginning at 9am Friday (qualifying up to eight pros) – Prize money has been increased to: 1st $8000, 2nd $4000, 3rd/4th $2500 (per), 5th $1900, 6th $1800, 7th/8th $1600; paying all the way to 16th!!!) Qualifier will be capped at 44; a waiting list will then be offered. Email the WPH at email@example.com if you would want to play in a Pre-Qualifier Bracket Thursday after 4pm. Up to two winners will be inserted into the main qualifier Friday Morning.
- Men’s Open/A (big ball) wallball singles & doubles have been added with increased prize money (singles): 1st $3000, 2nd $2000, 3rd/4th $1000; meanwhile, Doubles tips the scales with $2000, $1400, $1000 and $800, respectively. There will be a cap on the number of entries for this division. First come-first serve
- Men’s B/C wallball 4 wall singles and doubles will be offered with $500, $400, $300 & $200 for first through 4th, in singles; while, doubles nets $600, $500, $400 & $300, from first to 4th. Player caps may take place
- There will be no player caps on Junior divisions or women’s pro singles, however, all other non pro divisions will be capped at 16, 32, 64, etc, players or teams in doubles; except Pro Qualifier of 44; Get on a waiting list for the qualifier by email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase seats to the WPH Show-Court by contacting Jeff Healam at Healam@race4eight.com
- A player can participate in 3 divisions as long as one of their divisions is the pro 4 wall small ball qualifier
This event will bring a special souvenir to all who enter or participate (Dave Chapman Pro Tour Shirt); there will be continuous food and drink supplied from Friday afternoon thru Sunday (no banquet, but we do expect some cool group activities, so please contact us with your arrival dates so we can put you on the list of events). In lieu of a banquet, the WPH will have an outdoor BBQ and LIVE entertainment right at the facility. The special Memorial Award Ceremony w/Scott Cleveland and Kara Mack will take place on Saturday between the men’s pro small ball semis; to air on ESPN.