As the WPH/NYAC Race nears us (March 12-15th), we know you have questions. No worries, we have answers! First off….Whew, what a season! With that said, entry deadline is March 5th and it could be you who misses the cut!
You have questions, we have the answers: John Duggan (NYAC General Questions and Amateur Event Info) ~ David Vincent (WPH Director with Pro Men, 40+, Women and Scheduling Answers) ~ email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I still play? A. Only the Men’s Pro Qualifier is closed. After that, you can enter the men’s 40+ Senior division, the Women’s Pro and all amateur events (at the time of this post). Deadline is at 10am Eastern Tomorrow (New York Time), March 5th.
- Are there any restrictions or qualifiers that I have to know before I enter the 40+ or Women Pros? A. No hoops to jump through. Just enter. (HERE)
- WPH has different scoring formats. Is there a link or attachment you could give me to study and learn before I play? A. Sure! The link has been up all season long; each season since our inception, HERE> Just scroll down to WPH Pro Rules; there you will find rule alterations for Women, Seniors and Elite Men. All amateur rules follow NYAC house rules and those provided by the governing body of handball (common).
- The schedule for my matches. Will I really have to play Thursday? A. There may be a couple local amateur matches on Thursday, but those players already know about their times (probably not you if you are asking). WPH pro men main bracket qualifiers start at 5pm on Thursday and this is one of the best draws we have ever seen! Friday after 11am the Men’s Senior Bracket begins; same for the Women’s Elite Pros. Amateurs will begin, in some cases, after 9am Friday morning (see John Duggan for specifics). Saturday and Sunday will features some quarters,semis, playoffs, and finals.
- This is gonna be on ESPN. How can I watch? A. First, WPH All Access Pass Holders, who cannot get ESPN coverage, please contact the WPH for viewing options. WPH will air matches Friday @ race4eight.com, then Saturday on ESPN & the WatchESPN App. Broadcast schedule will be posted at www.wphlive.tv after the deadline.